Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday!

The Lenten season is upon us again. I can't believe how fast this year is going! Every year I try to give up something that will be challenging and a sacrifice. In years past this has included fast food, candy, and even caffeine. No one panic, I won't be putting anyone through me in full caffeine withdrawl. Not a pretty picture, especially at work. This year I am giving up two things. First, fast food. It's not good for me and I tend to eat it far too often. It is a total lack of organization on my part. It's easy, fast, and virtually everywhere. I need to do a better job of planning and bringing something healthy to work. So today of course I binged on California Taco to hold me over for the next 40 days. LOL!

Secondly, I am giving up alcohol for 40 days. Now, I realize some of you are wondering what kind of lush is she? That's her idea of a sacrifice? No I am not a closet alcoholic. I am however a social butterfly who enjoys hanging out with her friends at every chance and I do love my micro brews. I have a rough day at work and instead of going to the gym I meet up with everyone to vent over a few beers. No more of that. So, I will essentially be happy cab for everyone.

I've started running again and I'm feeling good, so not only will these things be a challenge for me to stick to my guns, but they will be good changes. Changes that I hope to continue after the season is over.

So anyone else making a sacrifice?


Ooooh and I've had a really good idea rolling around for an OBC post since I see we are totally lacking in material. Try to check that out tomorrow.

Later gators!

4 comments:

dw said...

I'm following something a friend of mine has been doing for several years. No sweets (including chocolate), no beer or wine, and no snacking. Yeah, the chocolate's gonna be the hardest part of that. I also would like to DO something instead of just giving up something. I think it's a more positive way to look at Lent. I haven't quite worked out what I should do though.

Bee said...

I always give up soda for lent. I'm boring like that : )

MMR said...

That is not boring Bee, it's damn hard. I tried to give up caffeine for lent one year. On the third day one of my tech's came into work with a big gulp mt. dew from 7-11 and said "god understands we have to work with you"

Obviously, my engaging personality wasn't quite up to snuff without my caffeine.

Bee said...

Ha, ha!! Ya see, I could NEVER, and I mean NEVER give up caffeine. No one wants to see that in the morning. Now soda? Hard, but its doable. And I lose 5lbs in the process! : )