Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.....

The show last week was FANTASTIC! Billy Joel is definitely a show you should make time to get to. So many good tunes, The Entertainer, Captain Jack, She's got a Way, My Life, We didn't start the Fire, Allentown, New York State of Mind, Big Shot, Piano Man, Everybody Loves you now, River of Dreams, Movin Out, Don't ask me Why, You may be right, Always a Woman, Angry Young Man, It's still rock and roll to me, I'm an innocent man, Only the good die young, and my all time favorite Billy Joel song, Scenes From an Italian Restaurant. The show was just one great song after another. The man has a great sense of humor as well, joking about needing to tour to pay for his car insurance, heh! At one point in the evening he turned the microphone over to a huge burly roadie nicknamed Chainsaw, who broke into AC/DC's highway to hell, which just flat out rocked!

Thanks for all the great emails and comments guys and gals! I would like to mention that several of you have stated I'm not too old for myspace. Thanks for the support and kind words. I didn't mean to offend anyone who may have a myspace account. My friend Sean pointed out that a guy from pharmacy school found him on myspace, and lets just say that "Thor" is a huge reason I won't be joining myspace anytime soon. Its just scary Sean. Scary.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! The festivities start here at 6pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, it is...I really only added him b/c he mentioned he'd been finding people from school and I was curious as to who else he had found. You want to know who else he had found? Nobody, that's who! Well, I guess that's what I get. (Somehow, he will find this comment. You know he will.)