Friday, November 16, 2007

Dear, dear Katy how I have missed thee!

First things first. WARNING! Strong language and adult situations contained in the following video link. Put the ear muffs on the kids and make sure you have the volume turned waaaaay down if you are listening in at work. Now on to the juicy stuff.

Its no secret that Nebraska fans have been suffering through one of the worst seasons in recent memory. Hell, in my lifetime. The debacle two weeks ago that was supposed to be KU vs NU will unfortunately leave a bad taste in my mouth until the day I die. The video here is made by a Jay Hawk fan and one of the main stars is a very dear friend from high school. Oh the trouble Katy and I managed to get ourselves into. We played competitive softball together and traveled across many states and pissed off many. She was the queen of talking shit from right field to the opposing teams bench and then yelling at me playing second base "ain't that right seven" Its easier to run your mouth when you can't see the whites of their eyes. Although, with Katy it wouldn't have made much difference. There were even a couple fights and an issue with a girl using her cleats inappropriately while sliding into second. And one time I had the unfortunate luck of being the recipient of a kick to the nose meant for her sister. Oh good times.

Katie and I have lost touch over the years so this video totally came out of the blue. My brother heard a clip from the video on unsportsmanlike conduct yesterday. So without more reminiscing and warm fuzzies from the early nineties I give you this gem. And people thought I handled the loss badly. Way to represent NPHS class of '94 Katy. And to all you men out there, I have no idea who Nikki is. Apparently, she did her part that day.

No comments: