Friday, November 30, 2007

Odds and Ends

First, I am getting my Christmas decorations up today. No ifs ands or buts about it. Last year I don't think I got around to putting the tree up until half way through December.

Ellie and I are getting ready to go for a walk. We both slept in today and she is napping again. Long week for both of us.

I have my last flu shot clinic today. Whew! That was a looooooooong stretch. I received a great compliment this week from one of our long standing customers. She said that things run so much better when I'm back. She also mentioned that it was good to see someone who wasn't frazzled back there. She's right. We have to set the tone and people feed off that tone. If I'm stressed it trickles down to everyone else. Now that's not to say I don't cuss like a sailor under my breath to help keep my calm cool and collected appearance in check. One of our employee's once said they thought my boss and I strive on chaos. She re enforces our answer, we don't strive on it, we just deal with it really well. Retail pharmacy is a lot of things but predictable isn't one of them.

Earlier this week I called one of our customers to remind him he had a medicine ready to be picked up. He's 98. When I called he said, "Hey baby whats going on at the pharmacy" This is also the same man who told me I needed to wear more make up at work so I could find a man. I responded that I didn't' think my boss would think to0 highly of me trying to pick up men at work. He said he'd call him up and get it okay'd. LOL! He also said not to worry all the good looking girls find rich men and I had no need to worry. Oh he is a hoot.

Yesterday, another one of our customers was moved to hospice care. I almost cried. She called me on Wednesday night to get a script filled for her husband. She's worried about who will take care of his meds while she's gone. They've been married over 60 years. I can't even imagine. She's finally to the point where he can't take care of her anymore. I told her to write my number down on a card and to call if she needed to talk. "Oh I don't need a card I have it in my head" She usually calls at least once a day. Easily the lowest point of the week for me.


Finally, I give you something from my childhood. Minden, NE the Christmas City. Check out the link. I have some memories of freezing my ass off out there watching the pageant. I had no idea the court house was listed on the National Register of Historical Places.

It's going to be a long work weekend and Monday is definitley going to suck. So I hope everyone has a great weekend. Think of me working away.

No comments: