Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stormy Summer

The Midwest has just been getting slammed this summer. Already, we have had a tornado in Millard, another tornado that took out a boy scouts camp not far outside Omaha, and a storm that brought "straight line winds" with hurricane force. I was really lucky I did not sustain any damage worse than a few downed tree limbs. Others in my neighborhood were not as lucky. I was without power for a little over a day. Nothing to complain about considering some people were without power for a week.

We headed to Bambino's to drink and converse with others without power. It was hilarious. Flashlights and candles and a flash light was a must for anyone using the restrooms. Anyone reading this familiar with Shawn of the Dead? Well, Bambino's was our Winchester. As one man said, "Look, more survivors" LOL!

The Olympic swim trials were in town this past week. Wow! I was blown away by the Qwest center crowd. I saw Phelps and Hoff each break the World record in their event. I have never heard the Qwest center so loud. I also saw Bob Costas. He was literally 15 feet from me. On the live coverage we were sitting just off screen. Kind of cool. I think I might be taller than him too!

The puppies are doing great! Hank is now joining Ellie at Doggie Day Care. Its worth every penny when they crash and sleep hard at night. Speaking of Hank, he will be getting "fixed" on Friday. Poor guy, he has no idea what is coming. I hate that I have to leave him there over night. I'll keep everyone updated on his recovery.

The fourth rocked. We headed out to the lake and had a very relaxing day on the water. Nothing better than floating on the water and having a few cold ones. The dogs survived the fireworks, but not without the help of valium. I'm a firm believer in drugging the dogs for the fourth now.

The Roger Clyne show is tomorrow night. I'm way excited. I had the opportunity to meet Roger after the last show. The guy is a class act. I'm also just a little over a week away from my trip to Colorado. Whoo Hoo!

Well, I should stop blogging and get back to writing the August schedule. Have I mentioned that I loathe doing the scheduling? Primarily because it always seems to take forever. Second, no one is every pleased. I had been working on it for two hours when I took this break. After two hours I only have two stores and three vacation requests complete. ugh. Here come the other three.

Happy Hump Day gang!

1 comment:

dw said...

We haven't had really terrible storms here so far, mostly because a lot of the weather coming from the west peeters out before it gets here. But watching all the storm damage in the midwest on TV has been difficult. The boy scout camp was exceptionally hard--though seeing those boys respond and seeing their media responses puts faith in the kids as future leaders.

Poor Hank! I'm sure you'll give him a special treat once he's back home!

blogging, scheduling, blogging, scheduling, blogging, scheduling.... in my opinion, it's no contest! blogging wins! :p