Friday, October 10, 2008

The state of the economy

Good Lord, could we get some stability on Wall Street please!?!?! I don't know why I bother checking my accounts anymore. I've lost over seven thousand dollars in four days. I can't even stomach to type what I've lost since the start of September. Oh, and did I mention that my financial advisor isn't returning my emails? I hope he didn't have a mental break. This disaster triggered by craptastic lending practices has now gone global. I don't know if we need a better example of how much we are impacted by other parts of the world.

I feel so bad for people who are close to retirement right now. I'm just flat out pissed and frustrated about things, but it isn't like I need the money tomorrow. I'm young and in this for the long haul so I need to sit tight and ride this out. There should be some great investment opportunities once this thing finally bottoms out. I'm just scared that many analysts are saying we haven't hit the bottom yet. We're under 8,000 on the DOW, I'm afraid to ask where the basement on this thing is going to end up being. How many jobs are lost before we stabilize? How many more people lose their homes before the bail out fully takes affect?

At the end of the day I count my blessings and I'm thankful for what I have.

2 comments:

dw said...

I hear ya, I lost something like $17,000. It just rots, but yeah, I count my blessings. They all seem to think the bottom can't be long in coming, but with the state of this, you never know. I think all the CEOs of bankrupt companies should be forced to turn over their golden parachute to pay for all this. They don't deserve it!

Bee said...

Ugh, don't even get me started on this. I don't check my money anymore. What's the point?!?!