Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hello again!

I figured since it has been roughly fifteen days since I last posted I was well overdue. Life and work have been keeping me busier than I'd like. I'm busy covering vacation days left and right it seems. I have to pick up the next two possibly three weekends and a Friday thrown in there for good measure.

My house is finally organized and clean again. I wasn't even the one moving but it still felt like it. I can't tell you how nice it was to have my parents come and visit and I didn't have to sleep on the couch.

Due to work I was unable to make it to the Big Head Todd show. I was really bummed about that. Red, white and Boom was a blast. Matisyahu is amazing to hear. Hearing beat box and King without a crown would have made that show for even the most causal Matisyahu fan. There is also something to be said for seeing 311 play in front of the home crowd. They played a lot of old school songs. Sean, I saw Dr. Hexum there. For those of you who might not know, Nick Hexum's dad was one of our pharmacology professors. Do you remember that quote? He explained the baroreceptor reflex by discussing someone slitting their wrists. "And then the brain would go whoa what's going on down there we gotta get some more pressure" Okay, I just totally geeked out there. Moving on..........I have one major negative about Red, White, and Boom.

I HATE WESTFAIR AMPHITHEATER! My grandmother always used to say hate is a strong word and I should really mean it when I use it. Well, this time I really do.

Seriously, when you sit in the parking lot. Wait scratch that. No concrete, no yellow lines or parking stalls equals an open field. Any one would be pissed off when forced to wait in an open field filled with cars upon cars with only one exit and one cop directing traffic for the same amount of time as the concert you just saw. It put a huge buzz kill on the night for me. Especially when the concert took place on Sunday evening and I had to work Monday morning. I am boycotting River Riot and I also skipped O.A.R. for that reason.

On a random note, HBO has an upcoming show that will go behind the scenes of the K.C. Chiefs pre season camp. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Okay, since I've exceeded my geek quota for one post I'm going to hit the sack.



Later gators!

No comments: