Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MADONNA!

Madonna was worth every penny! She was in my top five for performers I wanted to see live and she did not disappoint. She was the ultimate concert experience.

It was a very short trip, but it was good to get out of town for a bit. We stayed with Ryan and had a great time! I also took care of my good dead for the day. I had an extra set of tickets that I couldn't sell, worth $180. Our bartender at the Zone was chit chatting with us about our trip, etc. and when it came up that we were in Denver to see Madonna she become really animated. Exact words, "Oh my God! I would LOVE to see her" I told her I had an extra set of tickets and she pretty much said she couldn't afford to pay me face value. We left, but I got her number and told her I might be giving her a call. I really just didn't want the tickets to go to waste. I wanted someone to experience the show as well. So I texted her an hour before the show and told her to meet us at a bar and I'd take whatever she could give me. I made her month.

The first video is my favorite song of the night, Las Isla Bonita. The video is long but worth watching all the way through. If you are impatient, I would recommend skipping forward to 3:55. Second song is an interlude and then turns into four mintues to save the world.

I hope to have more concert info and videos up tomorrow.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the Micaila I know brightening the world one disenfranchised bar tender at a time. You are a true humanitarian. Glad you had a great time. I'm sure you have a plus sign in your karma column also.