Friday, March 14, 2008

KC Trip!

I've been trying for a while now to get a trip to KC together. I've only been down there the past few years for DMB shows, stay for the concert leave the next day type of thing. Or the ill fated Big Twelve Championship game a couple years ago. I don't think I need to go into details. So this is what I propose this year.

Leave after everyone gets off work on August 1st (which is a Friday) or early Saturday morning. Head to KC. The White Sox are in town battling the Royals. There are games on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. We can hit Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun. Spend a night downtown at the Plaza or Westport. I would also like to stay through Tuesday. Why? Because the BoSox are in town Monday through Wednesday. We could catch the Monday night game and head back to Omaha Tuesday.

What do you think? We could make a great weekend trip with little time off form work. Call, email me, or post a comment if you're interested and I can start planning to purchase tickets, ect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a blast. If Drew and I make it to KC this summer, maybe we could schedule it the same time. I haven't been to a Royals game forever. I miss my season tickets. I'll keep you posted. Hmm, KC, North Platte, where would I rather be?

MMR said...

Yeah, that's a tough call b/t NP and KC! Ha! Well, just let me know if you plan on heading down and we can meet up. I want to say the last time I really went out down there was for your party....not sure though.