Sunday, March 2, 2008

The quest for just one pint!

"The one, the one, don't go for the one" I had a fabulous few days of concerts. I was due for some fun. I had come down with the flu last week and felt like the underside of shoe with dog poop on it. More on that later.

First up on Thursday was Gaelic Storm. I was mighty impressed. I even bought their CD, and frankly I can't remember the last time I actually bought a CD. If Irish music isn't your cup of tea this band probably isn't for you. I however had a BLAST!

Here is the one of the videos Josh took from the show.




And my favorite song of the evening Don't go for the one. Josh was having a hella good time singing as well ;-).



Next up was the They Might Be Giants show with Oppenheimer. And no, I don't mean the investment group. Oppenheimer is a two man show and WOW! They can definitely rock it.
The down side to the show was there was absolutely NO video. So I'm linking one of their music videos from youtube.



And last but not least we have A Birdhouse in your Soul. I have wanted to see these guys for ages. Someone was able to capture a great video at the Omaha show!



And a kick ass guitar solo that leads into Istanbul from the show in Madison.



These shows were all at the Slowdown in downtown Omaha. I hope they continue to book great shows. We capped off the night by heading to Old Chicago and according to Andy we "never go anywhere fun" but we managed to get by.

Well, I'm currently up waiting for my last load of laundry to finish up. I've got big day at work tomorrow. I want to get up and at em early. I'll save the rest of my ramblings for later this week.

3 comments:

Josh Weatherly said...

hrm, i dunno why but my gaelic storm videos wont play from here any more.. they play just fine when viewed from youtube...

MMR said...

Hmmm, I just clicked on them and they played fine. Any thoughts oh wise one? Is anyone else having issues with the videos?

Josh Weatherly said...

hrm, and now mysteriously they work again for me too...strange