Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Keeping the faith and all kinds of poop

You know, karma is a real bitch. And one day I'm going to reap the benefits of taking the high road and being the better person. I may be in my geriatric days before it ever happens but dammit I'll wait. And if someone/something looks too good to be true.......they are.

And that is the end of my negative nellie attitude for the day.

Ellie and I took a walk tonight and she did sooooooooo good. She's pulling much less and she's finally making the connection b/t pulling and choking herself. Now we need to work on how to keep her brain from short circuiting when she sees a squirrel. She has started "stalking" them from inside the house.

And speaking of Ellie, I know I kept you all hanging from last week with my "shitscicle" comment. Ellie has many nicknames, she responds immediately to Pooper. I started calling her this when I was trying to house train her and she would run downstairs and poop. The funny part about it..... Andy was living in my basement at the time and she would always take care of business in front of his bedroom door. And on a couple of occasions on his bed.

Well, my little pooper is living up to her nickname. There is crap everywhere out back. The snow has finally melted in 95% of the yard. There is no way during the dead of winter I'm going to try and pick up poop that is sinking straight to the bottom of the snow. The downside to this strategy was evident today when I spent an hour picking it all up. An hour. My poop scoop also broke. Yes, thats right. It was getting so much use today it just flat out died. She was looking at me as if to say, "you know that's my poop right? why would you collect it" She even took care of business while I was picking it up. The good news is she is very particular about where she takes care of business. Only on the outer edge of the fence and she leaves a good foot on the other side b/t her and the fence so she can exit the area without walking through it. Smart girl. Unlike someone I know who has a dog that poops two inches from the steps. Now on to the "shitscicle"

Last week I tried to take care of this but the entire back of the yard was ice and literally I could see it but couldn't get to it. I also slipped on it and nearly had a heart attack. No, I did not fall in dog doo. It was a close call though.

I know, you were all dying to hear me blog about poop. Moral to this story...There is shit everywhere in life and its unpleasant to deal with any of it. Keep your head up and get through the shit and better times will come. But I'd rather pick it up in the backyard.

No comments: