Friday, June 8, 2007

I'm closed for the weekend

I would love, LOVE, to have a switch to turn my brain off and recharge. I would also like to be able to put out a message that says I am closed. No phone calls, no emails, no voice mails, no questions. I've had zero time to myself in the past few weeks and I'm feeling very anti social. I know it sounds incredibly selfish, but I just want to be left the hell alone sometimes. That sometime is now in case anyone was wondering. So you're wondering what's brought me to this happy place? Work, and too many extra curricular activities. A pause button for life would be a sweet deal too!

So enough of the negative mood in the blog. I've been busy with work, but I have also been to a couple great shows. Cake sounded fantastic! I will admit that the length of the show was a huge disappointment. Barely and hour and thirty minutes. Some of my friends thought I was disappointed in the song selection, definitely NOT the case. My measuring stick will always be the Violent Femmes, who are coming back to stircove by the way. If you're in town you must go see them. They rocked out for 3 hours. I felt like the show had just hit its groove and then it was over.

This week I went to the QWest Center and saw Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I'm not a huge country music fan although I think they are more mainstream. Anyhoo, it was a great show! They are both great entertainers. Faith Hill did win me over though. She played the ABBA song, the Winner Takes It All. Now for those of you who might not know me as well, I am HUGE ABBA fan. I have countless CD's, and a DVD of their music videos. They were the early pioneers of what we now see on MTV. Definitely ahead of their time. Anyhoo, I went nuts. Beckie or Lisa if you're reading this I'm sure you remember my mornings always started out with Waterloo! I may try to upload some of the clips I took from my camera.

In other big concert news, Earth, Wind, and Fire are coming to the stircove in September. I can't wait! Tickets go on sale tomorrow!

Have a great weekend gang!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Micaila, it sounds like you are in need of a vacation. You work so hard you need to treat yourself. If you can't actually get out of town, book a massage or a day at a spa and relax. You definately deserve to take a break. Sorry I sent this on your break from everyone weekend. Just read it on Monday when it's over. Later, Huey

MMR said...

Huey,

I love you! Thank you so much for the support. We should hit Zio's soon for lunch. Maybe on your off week?