Thursday, June 14, 2007

Modern Wonders

Ever stop to think what would happen if even the most basic of things was taken away? Such as electricity and water? About a month ago OPPD had a massive outage in town. I was without electricity for about five hours. Its ridiculous to think back on all the things I couldn't do. No internet, the fax machine was down, no radio, no tv, and no working kitchen appliances. I showered with a mag light set up on the bathroom countertop.

So today, I have one more chapter to the saga of life without modern day joys. I have no water. Someone with MUD hit a main water line. I have to say, if I had to choose b/t no electricity and no water I would go with the former. I'm about an hour away from asking my brother to pick up some water at the store so I can actually wash my hair. I'm sharing the last of my Fiji water with Ellie.

No comments: