Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Weekend Recap

Soooooo, my "closed for the weekend" thing backfired almost immediately. I totally forgot about the Ben Harper concert on Saturday. So yeah, no couch action for me on Saturday. Sunday, was another story. Lordy I was tired. I feel somewhat recharged. Not 100% but close. I need to take Huey's advice and just check out from work for a day.


The Ben Harper show was fantastic and I had a great time with the guys. Well, except for Matt and I nearly avoiding an accident on the way back and then missing our exit and taking the "scenic" route through Council Bluffs and North Omaha back to Bambino's. And by scenic I mean ghetto, police cruisers, and handcuffs. Matt beat me to locking the doors, but not by much.

Next up is the Faint show at Sokol tomorrow. I have to leave straight from work but it shouldn't be a big deal. In other news the Traveling Wilbury's re released two cd's yesterday. Both have been out of print for quite some time. I highly recommend them. My all time favorite is End of the Line.

"well its all right, we're going to the end of the line"

Oooh and I almost forgot last night someone egged my car while I was driving it at the corner of 83rd and Blondo. Joel was with me and he wanted to chase them down. Which if it hadn't been 11:30 at night, if I hadn't had those two drinks at Old Chicago, and if I wouldn't have had to pull a wicked lane change and speed like a demon, then yes Joel and I would have engaged in a pursuit. Those punks are damn lucky. Although what we would have done if we'd caught them I don't know. Throw a CD case at them? I don't drive around with eggs on stand by just in case. Honestly, who drives around Omaha on a Tuesday night and eggs random cars at the stop light?

No comments: