Friday, June 29, 2007

TGIF!

Today is my first non staffing day this week. Although, it feels like years. I'm trying to get a lot of paperwork done and get caught up before Andy and the big move takes place next week. My boss is also leaving town for a conference in Boston and I'd like to be caught up before he leaves as well. It seems every time one or both of us gets on a plane something bad/stressful happens at work. Basically I'm trying to be prepared for the shit to hit the fan.

In other work news, I saw two of my favorite lady's at work this week. One asked me how I liked my new assignment. When I told her I was enjoying being back in Bellevue she seemed genuinely surprised. "You mean you're back now?" Now picture the Macaulay Culkin signature arm pump with his trade mark "yes" and that is exactly what my 80 y/o lady did. That made my year. So every time I'm stressed or bitchy about work I'm going to think of her excitement. The other gal was so excited to "have her girl back" That was right up there as well. Its great to have these kinds of relationships with our customers. This is exactly why I wanted to be a community pharmacist. Some days the good things about this job can be few and far between. I need to remember all the positives and remember that I am making a difference and this is worth all the effort. I wouldn't trade this job for anything.

Apparently, the furniture gods are reading my blog. My furniture that I ordered waaaaaay back in April is set to arrive tomorrow b/t 8 and 10am. I'm sure everyone can hear me knocking on wood.

Not sure what the weekend holds just yet. I am going to 311 on Sunday. KC and the Sunshine Band are playing a free concert tonight at Memorial Park. I'd like to go but I'm not sure what the rest of the day looks like just yet. The folks are back in town on Sunday to visit and help get my bro packed up for his move.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

No comments: