Tuesday, August 7, 2007

American Idol Week in Omaha

Lordy look out and avoid the downtown area around the QWest Center. They are estimating that roughly 12,000 people auditioned in Dallas last week. I have to say I'm not a fan of the show. One of my old roomies made me watch the finale when Ruben won. I couldn't have faked my enthusiasm if my life depended on it. However, I do enjoy the first run of episodes when they show all the bad singers who are obviously lacking close friends and family to tell it to them straight up. Sign up starts tomorrow and I believe auditions begin on Friday. It will be interesting to see what Omaha brings to the show.

In other news, I had a fantastic weekend off. I went out on Friday and played a few mean games of shuffleboard. For those of you who know my brother, make sure you give him a hard time about losing a game of shuffleboard to a legally blind woman. Not only did he lose, but she handed him his ass. Fortunately, he found redemption after partnering with his sister and we overcame a 13 to 3 deficit to win by one.

Saturday we hit the lake. Ellie had her first experience in the water and it was pretty cute. She's not a bad swimmer either. She did spend majority of her time sniffing around on the beach and digging up stuff. Or just laying around soaking up the sun. She likes to lay out and soak it up.

I am ever so fortunate enough to have good connections and I watched the first 2 episodes of Weeds. HOLY MOMMA! It was great. I can't wait to see how everything develops. I also have the first episode of Californication. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll like anything with DD.

I was up and at em early this morning. I was actually in the store at 6:45am. I had to clean up some stuff from yesterday and make it back into town by 8am. It felt good to be up so early, but right now all I really want is a nap.

And finally I'd like to give a shout out to G in BAH-ston for completing her second 3-Day! Check her blog for the scoop. Congrats G!

1 comment:

MMR said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that you took the time to comment. This is what I love about blogs. We can make so many cool connections from all over the world.

Take care!