Sunday, August 12, 2007

How's it going to be.....

.....when you don't know me anymore?

The Third Eye Blind concert ROCKED Friday night. They sounded amazing and we had a chance to hear some new stuff. They've been working on a fourth album so I'm crossing my fingers that we will hear that sometime soon. It was muggy and hot as hell out but definitely worth the icky factor. Jake, Andy, Angie and I had a great sing along time. And lets not forget that Jake is the king of pantomiming/gesturing wildly during songs.

Saturday was the Reel Big Fish/Less than Jake show. Reel Big Fish are always a great show. I had never seen Less Than Jake and I wasn't disappointed. Some highlights from the show include a rocking rendition of Enter Sandman by RBF and "MASTER" as well as the mosh pit that extended all the way back to the sound station at the back of Sokol. I only have one major negative from the show and that would be the heat aka the "icky" factor. Sweat was DRIPPING from the ceiling. Literally dripping people. I was walking, sliding, navigating through nasty ass bodily fluid. I don't think Sokol has any air conditioning and they don't let anyone re enter the show. One of these days someone is going to get hurt. We almost left after RBF simply because it was so damn hot. Sokol is an old auditorium/gymnasium and it is in dire need of some upgrades. I'm not sure I'll go to a show there in August again.

Here is the pit.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yes, that Reel Big Fish show was pretty amazing.