Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A day "off"

Extra emphasis on "off' because I'm not really. I have a ton of stuff to get done today and I have to go into work for some inventory/ordering work. I dropped little Ellie off to get her hair cut today. I learned last week that the gal who always cuts her hair is no longer working there. I'm ashamed to admit I was a bit upset with Rachel being gone. She's Ellie's buddy. She actually enjoys going to get her hair cut. Thanks to Rachel she will now willingly get into the bath tub for a cleaning. Rachel fusses over her and gives her lots of kisses. Most of the time Ellie isn't even aware I've left. When I pick her up Rachel gives me the update on how she did. "She tried to act tough today, but we know she's not" And now its all gone. Naturally, they won't tell me where she went. I wasn't overly impressed with Jenny or her lackluster "oh she's cute" comment. I probably shouldn't hold her barb wire tattoo across her arm against her either but I am. I'm hoping Rachel took good notes b/c I don't think Jenny heard a word I said about her cut. Let's hope she doesn't come back shaved. All this fuss over my puppy, I think it will take another decade to work up to kids.

In other news, I think I have my work schedule ironed out through October. Which is a sweet freaking deal b/c I was able to schedule my three weeks of vacation time. I'm taking the last week in August off. I might go to Chicago for the weekend (Josh any updates), I will be in KC for a couple days to see DMB and possibly do some shopping. I'm also going to go crazy and clean the house and get the basement painted the last few days. September is NYC! Whoo! I'm getting a bit stressed about September though b/c it looks like our new robot will be arriving the week before I leave. I hope we can get everything ironed out before I have to leave.

Finally, August is here. Which means Earth, Wind, and Fire and the DMB show! I scored sweet reserve tickets for DMB. Andy and I will be making our third trip to Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in what is turning into our annual brother sister DMB trip. Actually, this is my fourth DMB show in three years. I have to include the Omaha show.

No comments: