Monday, August 20, 2007

Let's Groove Tonight!


I was groovin Earth, Wind, and Fire style on Saturday night. The concert was soooooo much fun. I took my folks and we had a blast. No one threw a hip out, but it wasn't for a lack of effort. That was probably the largest crowd I have ever seen at stircove. The line to get in wound all the way back to the parking lot. They opened with Boogie Wonderland, Sing a Song, and Shooting Star. They closed strong with September and Let's Groove Tonight. I was definitely sad when it was over. There were three couples in front of us that were easily my parents age if not older and they were TRASHED! I remembered thinking if the concert for some reason sucked I would at least be entertained. Best quote of the night was Mr. Friendly in front of me look at me and say "hell I'd blow him" I nearly choked on my beer.

I know someone out there is going to blast me for what I'm about to say next. I realize my dog is not a child but I do feel bad leaving her at home when I work a ten hour day. Many thanks to Andy, Angie, and Carl for letting her out on my long work days. I've been trying to get her set up at a "doggie day care" type place. Good grief you'd think I was trying to get my kid into an elite kindergarten. We have an "interview" on Friday. Which irks me for multiple reasons, but mostly b/c I put the application in last week hoping I could get her in this week. I won't need this place for another two weeks after this Thursday. So I'm annoyed. Flame away.

No comments: